Congratulations to the 2013 award winner:
Ms. Insiya Divan and “id Lighting Design (idLD)”
With a Master’s in Lighting from RPI and ten years of experience for nationally known design firms, Insiya had all of the credentials she needed to start her own practice. She opened “id Lighting Design” in 2013 to realize her dream of extending her passion for lighting directly to her clients. “Having my own firm provides me with greater opportunity to explore further aspects such as new lighting technology, more artistic approaches, luminaire design, and its health and environmental impacts,” writes Insiya in her award submittal. We also keenly identified with her propensity for impromptu live demonstrations of lighting quality for friends, clients and students. Insiya has a mission for success, and we are honored to participate!
She is fond of Thomas Edison’s quote “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration” but with a small twist: substitute “Success” for “Genius”! We are willing to bet many lighting professionals can identify with this version!
Best of luck to Insiya and id Lighting Design.
Loch Award Winners
- Annual Charles Loch Award Home
- 2019 Winner – Amy Hughes
- 2018 Winner – Luke Bonner
- 2017 Winner – Kiersten Hoiland
- 2016 Winner – Jason Matusiak
- 2015 Winner – Retief Coetzer
- 2014 Winner – Paula Ziegenbein
- 2013 Winner – Insiya Divan
- 2012 Winner – Michelle Knowles
- 2011 Winner – Joesph Frey
- 2010 Winner – Carlos Alonso-Niemeyer
- 2009 Winner – Leslie Davis
- 2008 Winner – Lee Harris
- 2007 Winner – Heather Libonati
- 2006 Winner – Luciana Costantin
- 2005 Winner – Wilson Dau